James Schaeffer is an Air Force Academy Graduate and a Flight Instructor Pilot for Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He has been married to his lovely wife for 25 years, and tells the audience to never stop studying, like you do for a job or business, about marriage. On the show, he talks about his relationship with God, and why he, and his family, will always be #1 priorities.
Highlights from This Episode:
● When was the last time James experienced joy?
● James loves to teach students and help them have a ‘light bulb’ moment when they’re in pilot training.
● What’s the best way to develop a person?
● When you get rejected, or a big ‘no,’ it can feel defeating. But keep in mind that it’s not just a ‘no,’ it’s a ‘not yet.’ Reframe it!
● James love teaching airforce students how to fly, but he also loves being an entrepreneur too.
● Our job is something we do, but that’s not what defines us. What defines James is his relationship with Christ and his family.
● What kinds of lessons has James learned about being married 25 years?
● Also, take your wife’s phone calls. Never ignore those calls!
● When it comes to business, there are people who are sprinters and others who are marathon runners. Neither is bad, but both have their strengths and weaknesses.
● What has been the most unexpected benefit of joining Iron Sharpens Iron?
Click HERE to listen to the full episode.