Freeing Yourself From the Burdens of the Past and Quarterly Offsite Tip
In today's episode, Brian Mininger of Bear Creek Enterprises joins Big A and Wally to share how he and his family coped with some difficult times, including bankruptcy, and how they eventually found success again. They discuss how to better prepare for uncertainty, how therapy and a long sabbatical transformed Brian’s perspective and ability to take control, and the value of role models in each of our lives.
In this episode, you will learn the following:
How Brian Mininger and his family weathered a difficult season in their lives, including both business and personal bankruptcy, and how you can better prepare for uncertainty going forward.
- How doing inner work with a counselor and taking a sabbatical dramatically improved Brian’s ability to choose his own responses to situations.
- The importance of role models in your life, and knowing that someone may be looking to you for guidance–especially when you don’t know it.
Brian Mininger, Co-Founder and VP of Bear Creek Enterprises, is a passionate "builder." He worked in the construction industry for over 25 years, so he has a strong background in leadership, team building, and operations.
Brian resides in VA with his wife, Victoria, and four daughters: Michaela, Anna, Rachel, and Kaitlyn. In his downtime, he enjoys participating in activities for his daughters and the events that are going on at their schools. Brian loves being outdoors. Specifically, hiking in Shenandoah National Park and trail running. He competed in a few ultra-events and looks forward to running more races in the future.
Fun Facts about Brian
- He would like to complete a hundred-mile ultra-marathon someday.
- His favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough.
- He loves the movie Remember the Titans
- He is a huge college basketball and football fan.
- He cheers for the Atlanta Braves
Brian is a part of the ISI Mastermind DecemFortis (Monday 10:00 am)
Connect with Big A & Wally: